Warning: ksort() expects parameter 1 to be array, object given in /home1/ed3dwebsite/public_html/wp-content/themes/azoomtheme/rock-builder/builder-functions.php on line 1705
- Have reliable, comprehensive, accurate and up-to-date information, accessible on a database – data is a key platform for improving space management – if you can’t measure it you can’t manage it.
- Carry out regular space utilization and management surveys – the process of obtaining and managing data, and an on-going understanding of what users are doing, needs to be an integral part of the space management process.
- Develop effective communication and management systems - communication is a key vehicle for success – or failure.
- Effective leadership is essential – a ‘space management leader’ is needed if real progress is to be made.
- Effective and appropriate management systems are required – available techniques – such as space charging and computerised timetabling – need to be carefully reviewed and implemented as appropriate, and regularly monitored. These are the instruments for change.
- Understanding of user needs is the key to success – if you do not know what users want you cannot effectively satisfy their needs. This is vital.
- Engage efficients and other users of the Asset – the mechanics and management support are important prerequisites for change, but real efficient involvement is absolutely vital if real change is to be made.
- Plan flexibly and for the long-term – quick fix measures are a false economy.
- Relate to strategic plan – space management is intended to serve the needs of the business – not the other way round. However, effective space management will always positively support strategic plans.
- Fund appropriately – the Asset is the ‘shop window’ for an business, as well as where most of the businesses’ activity takes place. Therefore inadequate funding can lead to loss of investment elsewhere.
Space and Asset Management evolve with technological innovations and new operations techniques. A successful company understands that being aware of their markets evolving trends require efficiency in both planning and operations.