Warning: ksort() expects parameter 1 to be array, object given in /home1/ed3dwebsite/public_html/wp-content/themes/azoomtheme/rock-builder/builder-functions.php on line 1705
Data entry and information gathering
Data collection coupled with facility drawings are the pair that form a facilities information system. As part of implementing a facilities information system, data elements need to be collected, validated and attached to drawings. Even after the system is fully implemented and in use the data needs to be monitored and modified. ED3D uses the newest technology and programs to compile, verify, and sort your information according to your priorities. We then input all collected data in the program of your choice for system integration. ED3D can assist you with your inventory audits, asset tagging and labeling, signage audits, and most other data collection asset management needs
There are numerous Data Entry scopes that don’t fall under the most used project scopes. Listed below are general descriptions of the Data Entry process, if your needs fall under one of these ED3D can help:
- Creation of data representation through manual data entry procedures
- Changing pattern of data from existing representations
- Identification of specific patterns of online data and extraction through automated processes
- Intelligent data entry – An approach towards the goal of understanding human thinking. This involves logical checking of information with the data entry device being programmed to avoid errors at the point of data entry
- Data entry online: Related to gathering information from the Internet and entering relevant data from various websites into a database.
ED3D Data Entry benefits:
- Data entry online helps in the process of Research and Analysis
- Data entry online helps in generating information from across the web
- Conversion of raw data into digital data which can be processed in various industrial sectors
- Helps in electronic word processing
- Online data entry can be made use of in some cases for data retrieval, if you need to make use of data online
- Facilitates Data migration: Upgrading or making relevant changes to the data when a company upgrades its database, or changes it system software from one version to another.
Quality Measures used in data entry:
Here are the kinds of quality measures that we incorporate in data entry processes:
- Post processing techniques such as development of routines for elimination of double-entry records
- Serialization and proper formatting of output data
- Automated and manual spell check techniques used for 100% accuracy
Specific Data collection examples:
The purpose of a signage audit is to ascertain how your signage functions in the eyes of your customers. It offers you the following benefits: Helps you to determine the quality of your signage and to plan corrective strategies. Empowers you to discover the strengths and weaknesses of your signage. Guides you to align your signage more accurately with the expectations of customers. Enables you to get up to speed with the perceptions (positive or negative) about your signage through area performance comparisons.
An asset inventory is typically performed by affixing a bar-code on the items, logging the item description, location and value, as well as providing a photograph of the item (or any combination of). The information is contained in a database and can be provided to you in a variety of formats including the actual database.
Part/Item & Bin/Area:
ED3D can count your parts warehouse whether it be by the piece (nuts, bolts, fasteners, bumpers, etc) or by the length (rope, cable, steel piping, etc) while at the same time capturing the bin/area numbers to update your systems. This can be performing using ED3D’s state of the art data capturing systems or manually verifying your reports.
This inventory will provide you with the financial reporting information to compare to your accounting book value.A financial count is accomplished by capturing the items price, multiplied by the quantity and identifying the department. Information will be provided to you by recapping the totals by area/location and department listing.
This type of inventory will provide you with item specific counts as well as financial reporting information to compare to your accounting book value.A UPC (Universal Product Code)/SKU (Stock-keeping Unit) inventory is accomplished by capturing the item's UPC or SKU number. This can either be scanned using the bar-code or hand keyed if a bar-code is not available. Information can be provided to you by recapping the totals by area/location and department listing as well as detailed recap of item numbers and quantities. This information can be uploaded to your system to update your computers quantity on hands for each item.